Thursday, July 18, 2013

Entry Bar in MS Project 2013

For a long time I used Microsoft Project 2007.  My main control for entering and editing text is the entry bar, which is the long horizontal bar just above the work area similar to the one in Excel.

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to MS Project 2013.  Alas, no entry bar!  What was that about?

Anyway, I finally got around to Googling it.  I actually didn't even know what the hell it was called.  I learned that in Excel they call that thing the "formula bar", and from there that it was called the "entry bar" in Project.

I found this video, a kind thanks to the guy who made it:



Check out his channel, it looks like it has a bunch of useful tutorials.

It turned out to be in the Options, under Display.  Duh!  The video was about Project 2010 but is also applicable to Project 2013.

No comments: